The usage of Microsoft Teams has drastically increased since the covid pandemic. and Teams has become the most used platforms for several corporate organizations. As it is rising its popularity, Microsoft has been introducing many new useful features.
Now I am going to show you, one of the new interesting features that Microsoft Teams has introduced is Noise Suppression. As the name says, it subdues(remove) the noise during a meeting or video calls, this feature eliminates the noise of the fans, a/c compressor, and even that annoying computer fan sound, etc.
With this feature turned On, The other person on the call can only hear your voice and the rest of the sound will be suppressed. This means you could happily open the chips packet and eat at the meeting and no one hears that sound.
In this step-by-step guide, I will show you how to enable/disable this Noise Suppression feature in Microsoft Teams.
Also Read: iPhone SE Plus specifications, design leaks, and price tipped
Enable Noise Suppression in Microsoft Teams
- Open the Microsoft Teams application on your computer, If it is not installed on your computer you can install it by clicking here.
- Once you have opened Microsoft Teams on your computer, click on your profile icon which is at the top-right corner of the screen.
- You get the drop-down menu, select the “Settings” option from there.
4.In the Settings menu, you have to select “Devices” from the left-side panel.
5.Under the Noise Suppression level section, you can select any level that you want to have for your teams. There are three options to choose:
- Auto – The program automatically analyzes and determines the suppression(medium level) automatically.
- High – Suppresses all background noise except your speech. But it only works on high-end processors with Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (AVX2) support.
- Note: If you select this option, Microsoft Teams takes more resources from the system to give you a flawless results
- Low – It only eliminates specific background noises like computer fans, air conditioners, and vacuums, etc.
That’s it. Once you select any one of the options, calls should not have loud background noise. In case if you want to disable the feature, you can follow the same process as mentioned above, and select the “Off” option.
If you do not have this feature available on your account, make sure that you are having the latest version of Microsoft Teams and if not, then update it to the latest version from here.
For more tech tips and updates do visit our instagram
3 thoughts on “How to enable Noise cancelation in Microsoft Teams”